Monday, June 20, 2011

Volunteering at a Physical Rehabilitation Center (HEALTHSOUTH)

For the next three weeks, I will be volunteering monday-friday from 9am-4pm at HealthSouth Physical Rehabilitation Center in Northern Virginia. As a volunteer, my job is to help out the nurses, organize and rewrite patient's schedules and data, learn more about a patient's needs during their stay, and much more! For three weeks, I will be accomplishing 100 hours of volunteer service hours and at the same time will be learning how a nurse/doctor/staff member really does their job at the physical rehabilitation center. So far on my first day, I have learned so much about safety health information, diseases, case managing, nursing, and so much more. Throughout my journey as a volunteer at HealthSouth, I hope to accomplish and learn more about the medical facilities and to just help out the ones in need by respecting and assisting them in every and any way possible.
healthsouth_bronze.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment